"Join or Die" Shirt
Historical Background Behind the Design
Taken from the original illustration in Franklin’s The Pennsylvania Gazette, May 9, 1754. Originally, a warning to the colonies, urging them to unite against the French and Native American allies, and later used as an appeal to the states during the Revolutionary War. The rattlesnake segments are labeled, S.C., N.C., V., M., P., N.J., N.Y., and N.E.
100% cotton Made in the USA shirt in Grey — Knitted, dyed, and sewn in the USA. 5.4 oz. S - 4X. See size chart.
Note: We suggest ordering one size larger than you normally wear. (This shirt runs small.)
100% American grown cotton in Slate blue. 5.5 oz. S only. Will not be reprinted in this color. See size chart.
- Our standard 4.3 oz. Poly-Cotton shirt that gets rave reviews. Our softest shirt. It's also our thinnest and lightest. It is very high-quality and long-wearing, but it is thin and light. Lots of people love them, which you can see in the reviews, but if you judge t-shirt quality based on weight or thickness, do not get this one. Instead, get one of the two 100% cotton shirts above. In Charcoal grey. S - 4X. See size chart.
The $3 price difference for the 100% cotton Made in the USA shirt is our higher wholesale cost; there is no additional margin.
Flat-rate shipping: Regardless of the number of items you order, the shipping price is still fixed at $5.95 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs. And $8.95 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
Our flat rate shipping means you can add two or more t-shirts, sweatshirts, or caps for no additional shipping charge.
We try to ship orders within three business days of receiving them. This applies to in-stock items. Framed items or items requiring personalization may take up to two weeks longer.
We close for a week over Independence Day and Christmas. A notice will appear at the top of every page of the site in advance of this closure.
We ship most orders via USPS, so if the post office is closed, we won't be shipping orders that day.
If you need to receive your order by a certain date, such as to give as a gift or have for a trip, we recommend ordering at least two weeks in advance, especially if you are use USPS shipping.
If you're looking for reliable, on-time deliveries, we strongly suggest upgrading to "UPS 3 Business Day Select Shipping."
- When fulfillment takes longer, such as around the Christmas holidays, we'll put up an announcement in the site and will list recommended shipping deadlines below.
- If an item is out of stock, we will contact you.
- If one of your items is an advance order, that will be noted on the product page along with an estimate of when it will ship. If that estimated date changes, the product page will be updated.
Charges for shipping to destinations in the United States and to APO, DPO, and FPO addresses
- Free shipping
- On stickers, magnets, decals, patches, static clings, and individual button pins.
US Postal Service shipping - The least expensive, though also less reliable than UPS. We strong recommend selecting UPS (details below), especially during November and December.
$5.95 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
Regardless of the number of items you order, the shipping price is still fixed at $5.95. Our flat rate shipping means you can add another t-shirt, cap, or book for no additional shipping charge.
$8.95 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- UPS 3 Business Day Select
- $14.95 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
$18.95 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- If the actual shipping cost is much, much higher than what we’re charging, we reserve the right to contact customers to discuss options.
- UPS Overnight (Next Business Day Delivery)
Limited to US Postal Service International Service only.
- Canada and Mexico
- $18.00 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
$24.00 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- Rest of the World
- Rates starts at $65.00.
Additional charges for all destinations
Some large, heavy items may have an additional shipping charge. If that's the case, it will be noted on the product page.
All designs are copyrighted by The History List
All designs are copyrighted by The History List
All designs are copyrighted by The History List and the History Nerd text and design on t-shirts is a registered trademark. If you see a knock off, please let me know.
Your purchases support our mission to engage people with local history and to support historic sites and history organizations across the country.
High quality, comfortable, and looks great!
I own several History List shirts and this is by far my favorite. I better buy another one before these sell out!
Fit as described, good material, nice print, feels very comfortable.
Purchased this for a friend writing his doctoral dissertation on the French and Indian War (which this illustration was originally regarding) - size was accurate and the material is indeed nice and thick Jersey... it should wear well and long.
I am buying these shirts to message all who see the relevant truth that we in America are in the same situation as in the 1700's. These shirts are very well made, fit well and take a beating.
I purchased this shirt for my son, and he loves it. All the shirts I've purchased are wonderfully soft! Thanks again, History List and Lee!
I have no bought 4 t-shirts from History List and I have to say that fit great, are made out of great fabric, and get me compliments everywhere I go. Awesome company.
It was a gift for my son and he loves it!