Franklin's Fortune deck building game
Franklin's Fortune is an educational deck-building game. For ages 14 and up.
Made in Massachusetts, birthplace of Benjamin Franklin.
About Franklin's Fortune
Kids and adults alike learn valuable life lessons from Benjamin Franklin as they gain Energy and Persistence, and earn Sterling.
You start out as a modest Tradesman, eager for success. From Sunrise to Sunset, you strive to make headway in your apprenticeship and a bright future begins to take shape. Your steady progress in Education and Experience expand your horizons and fuel innovation. Your dynamic Energy helps you take Action when needed, and Obstacles are no match for your Persistence. You rise to become an Investor, turning Idleness into reliable dividends. Strengths and Virtues mark your humble fortune of wisdom. Achieve Franklinian honors today and start real-life prosperity tomorrow,
How to play
Acquire cards from the Common using Energy and Persistence, your renewable resources, and Sterling, the monetary resource. Earn Sterling by working your Occupations, and increase your earnings with Education and Experience. The player who accumulates the majority of Franklin’s Fortune wins.
- Fast-paced, challenging, and fun—Every turn is an opportunity to use your resources, Energy, Persistence and Sterling money, to strategically gain and build on Franklin’s secrets to living a fulfilling life. Each player has limited Energy available, so players must weigh out the opportunity cost of what they decide to pursue during their turn.
- Acquire Franklin's Secrets to health, wealth, and wisdom—Franklin believed that involvement is how learning occurs. Playing Franklin's Fortune, you’ll work from sunrise to sunset using "Motion" paired with "Action" to create the path to acquiring Franklin’s most successful life principles in health, wealth, and wisdom.
- For families and for use in the classroom—Franklin’s Fortune gives players the opportunity to learn personal success and life skills in the most exciting way. This is the first Life Skills Game of its kind that has elements of health, wealth, wisdom, virtue, wisdom, courage, persistence and overcoming obstacles.
- Our guarantee—As his children became young adults and they began to play more complex board games, the creator of Franklin’s Fortune wished there was a personal finance game that was fun to play, while still offering applicable life principles and financial models for real-life success - thus Franklin’s Fortune was born. We’re a small U.S. family company who exists to only offer the highest quality family board game experiences, so if for any reason you’re unhappy with Franklin’s Fortune, please reach out to us and we’ll make it right for you.
- Made entirely in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, birthplace of Benjamin Franklin.
Reviews from some of the first people to play it
"I played this game with my family and we had a great game night. We had three generations play this game and everyone found it engaging, thoughtful and enjoyable. I highly recommend this!" — Hannah
"My family absolutely loved it!" — Terri C Benson, Headmaster, Academy for Science and Health Professions
"My group played through the game twice yesterday. They really liked it, and they are a fickle bunch with experience in deck-building games. We were able to grasp the rules in about 20 minutes.
"They appreciated the fast-paced nature of the game, and the structure afforded close competitive play to the end (in both games only a few points separated winners from all the other players). All of them repeatedly remarked that it was 'a good, fun, quick little game' that should definitely be included in our gaming group repertoire. And they enjoyed the interweaving of Franklin’s thoughts with the game structure. It should be emphasized that these guys are major board game geeks who pride themselves on having sophisticated and discriminating taste in game quality. Even mild praise from them does not come readily, and they really liked the game. That’s saying something!
— Gary A. Mullen, Associate Professor, Philosophy, Gettysburg College
"This will become a true classic board game!" — Forrest C.
"This is a great game for the family. It gets kids and adults thinking. Have Fun!" — Alex P.
"Franklin's Fortune is an intelligent game." — James G.
(The reviews above were supplied by the creator of Franklin's Fortune.)
For shipments to addresses within the U.S. (scroll down for International shipping)
Flat-rate shipping: Regardless of the number of items you order, the shipping price for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, and button packs is $5.95.
For hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets, the shipping cost is $8.95.
Our flat rate shipping means you can add two or more t-shirts, sweatshirts, or caps for no additional shipping charge.
Note that some large or heavy items, including larger framed prints, may have a different shipping charge or a shipping surcharge. When they do, it will be noted on the product page.
We try to ship orders within three business days of receiving them. This applies to in-stock items. Framed items or items requiring personalization may take up to two weeks longer. If there is an extended delay, it will be noted on the product page.
We close for a week over Independence Day and Christmas. A notice will appear at the top of every page of the site in advance of this closure.
We ship most orders via USPS, so if the post office is closed, we won't be shipping orders that day.
If you need to receive your order by a certain date, such as to give as a gift or have for a trip, we recommend ordering at least two weeks in advance, especially if you are using USPS shipping.
If you're looking for reliable, on-time deliveries, we strongly suggest upgrading to "UPS 3 Business Day Select Shipping."
- When fulfillment takes longer, such as around the Christmas holidays, we'll put up an announcement in the site and will list recommended shipping deadlines below.
- If an item is out of stock, we will contact you.
- If one of your items is an advance order, that will be noted on the product page along with an estimate of when it will ship. If that estimated date changes, the product page will be updated.
Charges for shipping to destinations in the United States and to APO, DPO, and FPO addresses
- Free shipping
- On stickers, magnets, decals, patches, static clings, and individual button pins.
US Postal Service shipping - The least expensive, though also less reliable than UPS. (See more on UPS in the next section.)
$5.95 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
Regardless of the number of items you order, the shipping price is still fixed at $5.95. Our flat rate shipping means you can add another t-shirt, cap, or book for no additional shipping charge.
$8.95 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
UPS 3 Business Day Select
Note: UPS 3 Business Day select is not available for addresses in Hawaii and Alaska. If UPS is selected for Hawaii or Alaska, the order will be shipped UPS Ground.
- $14.95 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
$18.95 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- If the actual shipping cost is significantly higher than what we’re charging, we will contact you to discuss alternatives.
- UPS Overnight (Next Business Day Delivery)
For shipments to addresses outside the United StatesDestinations
We only ship to locations that are served by US Postal Service International Service.
- Canada and Mexico
- $18.00 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
$24.00 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- Rest of the World
- Rates starts at $65.00.
Additional charges for all destinations
Some large, heavy items may have an additional shipping charge. If that's the case, it will be noted on the product page.
If the actual shipping cost is significantly higher than what we’re charging, we will contact you to discuss alternatives.
All original designs are copyrighted by The History List
All original designs are copyrighted by The History List
All designs are copyrighted by The History List and the History Nerd text and design on t-shirts is a registered trademark. If you see a knock off, please let me know.
Your purchases support our mission to engage people with local history and to support historic sites and history organizations across the country.
We play this with our teenagers, who enjoy it. It reinforces the value of an education and the acquisition of virtues, but in a discreet, fun way. We are purchasing a couple more to give as gifts.
Have not played it yet. It looks to be very interesting!
While the game is well made and super cool the rules are a bit over complicated especially for younger players. I am however excited to try it with the older kids.
We have had tons of fun with this game and would highly recommend it to anyone who wishes to play a game that is fun, interesting, and educational for all members of the family and friends alike.