Teddy Roosevelt "Rough Riders" Shirt
The regimental flag of the 1st U.S. Volunteer Cavalry, the "Rough Riders," on the front and Teddy Roosevelt from his Rough Rider days along with the text “Rough Riders” across the yoke in the back.
Also available, Teddy Roosevelt "Signature Series" in Military green and Cream.
- Made in the USA shirt in Military green. Lightweight 100% cotton shirt. — Knitted, dyed, and sewn in the USA. 4.4 oz. XS - 3X. See size chart.
- Our standard 4.3 oz. poly-cotton shirt that gets rave reviews. It's also our thinnest and lightest. It is very high-quality and long-wearing, but it is thin and light. Lots of people love them, which you can see in the reviews, but if you judge t-shirt quality based on weight or thickness, do not get this one. Instead, get the 100% cotton shirt above. Light blue heather and in cream. XS - 3X. See size chart.
The $3 price difference for the 100% cotton Made in the USA shirt is our higher wholesale cost; there is no additional margin.
This design is also available in a long-sleeved shirt and a pullover sweatshirt.
Also available, Teddy Roosevelt "Rough Riders" bookmark, sticker, magnet, and leather patch cap. As well as a "History Nerd" with Teddy Roosevelt sticker.
For shipments to addresses within the U.S. (scroll down for International shipping)
Flat-rate shipping: Regardless of the number of items you order, the shipping price for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, and button packs is $5.95.
For hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets, the shipping cost is $8.95.
Our flat rate shipping means you can add two or more t-shirts, sweatshirts, or caps for no additional shipping charge.
Note that some large or heavy items, including larger framed prints, may have a different shipping charge or a shipping surcharge. When they do, it will be noted on the product page.
We try to ship orders within three business days of receiving them. This applies to in-stock items. Framed items or items requiring personalization may take up to two weeks longer. If there is an extended delay, it will be noted on the product page.
We close for a week over Independence Day and Christmas. A notice will appear at the top of every page of the site in advance of this closure.
We ship most orders via USPS, so if the post office is closed, we won't be shipping orders that day.
If you need to receive your order by a certain date, such as to give as a gift or have for a trip, we recommend ordering at least two weeks in advance, especially if you are using USPS shipping.
If you're looking for reliable, on-time deliveries, we strongly suggest upgrading to "UPS 3 Business Day Select Shipping."
- When fulfillment takes longer, such as around the Christmas holidays, we'll put up an announcement in the site and will list recommended shipping deadlines below.
- If an item is out of stock, we will contact you.
- If one of your items is an advance order, that will be noted on the product page along with an estimate of when it will ship. If that estimated date changes, the product page will be updated.
Charges for shipping to destinations in the United States and to APO, DPO, and FPO addresses
- Free shipping
- On stickers, magnets, decals, patches, static clings, and individual button pins.
US Postal Service shipping - The least expensive, though also less reliable than UPS. (See more on UPS in the next section.)
$5.95 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
Regardless of the number of items you order, the shipping price is still fixed at $5.95. Our flat rate shipping means you can add another t-shirt, cap, or book for no additional shipping charge.
$8.95 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
UPS 3 Business Day Select
Note: UPS 3 Business Day select is not available for addresses in Hawaii and Alaska. If UPS is selected for Hawaii or Alaska, the order will be shipped UPS Ground.
- $14.95 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
$18.95 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- If the actual shipping cost is significantly higher than what we’re charging, we will contact you to discuss alternatives.
- UPS Overnight (Next Business Day Delivery)
For shipments to addresses outside the United StatesDestinations
We only ship to locations that are served by US Postal Service International Service.
- Canada and Mexico
- $18.00 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
$24.00 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- Rest of the World
- Rates starts at $65.00.
Additional charges for all destinations
Some large, heavy items may have an additional shipping charge. If that's the case, it will be noted on the product page.
If the actual shipping cost is significantly higher than what we’re charging, we will contact you to discuss alternatives.
All original designs are copyrighted by The History List
All original designs are copyrighted by The History List
All designs are copyrighted by The History List and the History Nerd text and design on t-shirts is a registered trademark. If you see a knock off, please let me know.
Your purchases support our mission to engage people with local history and to support historic sites and history organizations across the country.
Great fit, great price. Looking forward to wearing it next time I visit the Menger Hotel again in San Antonio. That is where TR helped recruit some of the “Rough Riders”
Shirt is high quality. Great fit. Survives washing! Design is well done and resilient to wear.
This was my first purchase from The History List, and not my last. I'm very pleased with the quality of both the shirt and the design, and the fit is excellent! I chose the softer version of the fabric, so it is a lighter-weight material. It still feels like it strong and durable, and since I love the way it fits and feels my next order will also be this more lightweight option.
Teddy’s the best!
I purchased the Rough Riders shirt for my Roosevelt-admiring husband for his birthday and he loves it! It fits perfectly and he says it’s comfortable. The graphics are the perfect size without overpowering the shirt. Thank you!
Very comfortable and a perfect fit!
We got the light blue Rough Riders shirt. It looks great - high quality shirt and the print is immaculate. And the poly shirt is incredibly soft. Always get the soft touch!
I bought three t-shirts for my nephews who love history! I am very pleased with the quality of these shirts! Great Christmas presents!