Flag raising on Mount Suribachi - 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Iwo Jima
From our series commemorating the 75th anniversary of WWII, our exclusive design honoring the Marines and all of our troops who fought on Iwo Jima and throughout the Pacific.
On the front, an image from the iconic photograph, "Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima" taken by Joe Rosenthal on February 23, 1945, which shows six United States Marines raising a U.S. flag atop Mount Suribachi during the Battle of Iwo Jima.
On the back, "Operation Detachment", "75", and the dates February 19 - March 26, 1945 to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Operation Detachment and the invasion of Iwo Jima.
Includes a special commemorative hang tag. More on the hangtag below.
The shirt: We’re offering your choice of fabrics and colors:
- 100% cotton Made in the USA shirt in Military green — Knitted, dyed, and sewn in the USA. 4.3 oz. XS - 3X. See size chart.
- Our standard 4.3 oz. Poly-Cotton shirt that gets rave reviews. Our softest shirt. It's also our thinnest and lightest. It is very high-quality and long-wearing, but it is thin and light. Lots of people love them, which you can see in the reviews, but if you judge t-shirt quality based on weight or thickness, do not get this one. Instead, get the 100% cotton shirt above. In Light olive and black. S - 3X. See size chart.
Note that the $3 price difference for the 100% cotton Made in the USA shirt is our higher wholesale cost; there is no additional margin.
Browse through other WWII themed products in this collection.
More on the commemorative hang tag: A 3.75" x 5.75" piece of paper, in color, on uncoated stock.
On the front:
Timing: We try to ship orders within three business days of receiving them.
If you need to receive your order by a certain date, such as to give as a gift or have for a trip, we recommend ordering at least weeks in advance, especially if you are use USPS shipping.
If you're looking for a reliable and on-time deliveries, we strongly suggest upgrading to the "UPS 3 Business Day Select Shipping."
- When it's longer, such as around the Christmas holidays, we'll put up an announcement in the site and will list recommended shipping deadlines below.
- If an item is out of stock, we will contact you.
- If one of your items is an advance order, that will be noted on the product page along with an estimate of when it will ship. If that estimated date changes, the product page will be updated.
Domestic shipping charges:
- Free shipping
- On stickers, magnets, decals, patches, static clings, and individual button pins.
US Postal Service shipping - The least expensive, though also less reliable than UPS. We strong recommend selected UPS (below), especially during November and December.
$4.95 for Shirts, long sleeved shirts, v-necks, tank tops, prints, posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendant, and button packs.
Regardless of the number of items you order, the shipping price is still fixed at $4.95. Our flat rate shipping means you can add another t-shirt, cap, or book for no additional shipping charge.
$7.95 for Woven blanket, hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, and mugs.
- UPS 3 Business Day Select - We strongly recommend using UPS, especially in November and December.
$11.95 for Shirts, long sleeved shirts, v-necks, tank tops, prints, posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendant, and button packs.
$14.95 for Woven blanket, hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, and mugs.
- UPS Overnight (Next Business Day Delivery)
$44.95 for Shirts, long sleeved shirts, v-necks, tank tops, prints, posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendant, and button packs.
- $49.95 for Woven blanket, hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, and mugs.
International shipping: Limited to US Postal Service International Service only.
- Canada and Mexico
$18.00 for Shirts, long sleeved shirts, v-necks, tank tops, prints, posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendant, and button packs.
$24.00 for Woven blanket, hooded sweatshirts, and mugs.
- Rest of the World
- Rates starts at $65.00
Note: Some large, heavy items may have an additional shipping charge. If that's the case, it will be noted on the product page.
All designs are copyrighted by The History List
All designs are copyrighted by The History List
All designs are copyrighted by The History List and the History Nerd text and design on t-shirts is a registered trademark. If you see a knock off, please let me know.
Your purchases support our mission to engage people with local history and to support historic sites and history organizations across the country.
The delivery was fast. I love the texture of the cloth. It fits right,too.
Thank you !
I ordered the 100% cotton shirt for my nephew who loves all things WW2. I was very impressed with the quality! Planning on ordering another one in Large. Great shirt!
the shirt is well made and the screen print is top notch quality! i would definitely recommend to any patriotic history lover!
Great shirt. It is soft and love design
The image printed on the t-shirt is excellent. A very powerful reminder of the cost of what is truly important.
so pleased! It was a gift for my nephew, he loved it, such good quality