Teddy Roosevelt "Rough Riders" Leather patch cap
The regimental flag of the 1st U.S. Volunteer Cavalry, the "Rough Riders," etched on a dark brown USA made leather patch and sewn in your choice of caps.
- Khaki and Navy Two-Tone Cap — Unstructured crown with top button and six sewn eyelets. Curved bill with six rows of stitching. Garment washed, pigment-dyed fabric. Self-fabric slide closure with brass buckle and grommet.
- Military Camo Cap — Distressed style and an unstructured crown with top button and six sewn eyelets. Curved bill with six rows of stitching. Self-fabric hideaway strap with metal D-ring slider.
Explore our other caps in this collection.
Flat-rate shipping: Regardless of the number of items you order, the shipping price for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, and button packs is $5.95.
For hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets, the shipping cost is $8.95.
Our flat rate shipping means you can add two or more t-shirts, sweatshirts, or caps for no additional shipping charge.
Note that some large or heavy items may have an additional shipping charge, and when they do, that will be noted on the product page.
We try to ship orders within three business days of receiving them. This applies to in-stock items. Framed items or items requiring personalization may take up to two weeks longer.
We close for a week over Independence Day and Christmas. A notice will appear at the top of every page of the site in advance of this closure.
We ship most orders via USPS, so if the post office is closed, we won't be shipping orders that day.
If you need to receive your order by a certain date, such as to give as a gift or have for a trip, we recommend ordering at least two weeks in advance, especially if you are use USPS shipping.
If you're looking for reliable, on-time deliveries, we strongly suggest upgrading to "UPS 3 Business Day Select Shipping."
- When fulfillment takes longer, such as around the Christmas holidays, we'll put up an announcement in the site and will list recommended shipping deadlines below.
- If an item is out of stock, we will contact you.
- If one of your items is an advance order, that will be noted on the product page along with an estimate of when it will ship. If that estimated date changes, the product page will be updated.
Charges for shipping to destinations in the United States and to APO, DPO, and FPO addresses
- Free shipping
- On stickers, magnets, decals, patches, static clings, and individual button pins.
US Postal Service shipping - The least expensive, though also less reliable than UPS. We strong recommend selecting UPS (details below), especially during November and December.
$5.95 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
Regardless of the number of items you order, the shipping price is still fixed at $5.95. Our flat rate shipping means you can add another t-shirt, cap, or book for no additional shipping charge.
$8.95 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- UPS 3 Business Day Select
- $14.95 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
$18.95 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- If the actual shipping cost is much, much higher than what we’re charging, we reserve the right to contact customers to discuss options.
- UPS Overnight (Next Business Day Delivery)
Limited to US Postal Service International Service only.
- Canada and Mexico
- $18.00 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
$24.00 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- Rest of the World
- Rates starts at $65.00.
Additional charges for all destinations
Some large, heavy items may have an additional shipping charge. If that's the case, it will be noted on the product page.
All designs are copyrighted by The History List
All designs are copyrighted by The History List
All designs are copyrighted by The History List and the History Nerd text and design on t-shirts is a registered trademark. If you see a knock off, please let me know.
Your purchases support our mission to engage people with local history and to support historic sites and history organizations across the country.
I have a couple history-based shirts & sweatshirts and I wanted a cap to complete the look; this is the one! Couldn't ask for a better low-profile cap with robust material & excellent print work, especially at this price point.
I am now a stylish "History Nerd".
Boston Tea Party
Sent as a gift to my nephew who loves history as much as I do. He loved the surprise and said it looks great and fits perfectly.
The quality and the design are excellent.
Great quality, great fit. You keep coming out with Roosevelt items knowing you have at least one customer. Thanks and keep them coming.
Matches my Rough Rider shirt perfectly! Great low rise 'Dad' cap!
As always, The History List, has come through on great ideas for gift ideas for my husband for Christmas. He loves history and loves the shirts and items from this company. He has gotten so many compliments over the years! ❤️