"We hold these truths - July 4, 1776” T-shirt
We have this design on these shirts and sweatshirts:
- 100% cotton made in USA long-sleeved shirt,
- crewneck t-shirt in antique denim color – with the option of a front imprint only
- crewneck sweatshirt
- light heather grey v-neck shirt
- grey tank top for women
- long-sleeved shirt with SPF 40+ UV protection
Our original design, celebrating July 4th and our nation's Declaration of Independence.
On the front, "1776" and our nation's first flag,
On the back, text from the original vellum copy that the delegates signed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness — July 4, 1776."
White - 100% cotton Made in the USA shirt — Grown, knitted, dyed, and sewn in the USA. Heavier weight, 5.4 oz. Your best choice if you're looking for a 100% Made in the USA shirt. Sizes S - 6X. this shirt runs small. Order one size up from what you normally wear. With "1776" on the front and on the front and back. See size chart.
Care: Wash white shirts in cold so that the colors don't run.
- Light blue heather and silver - Our standard 4.3 oz. poly-cotton shirt that gets rave reviews. Our softest shirt. It's also our thinnest and lightest. It is very high-quality and long-wearing, but it is thin and light. Lots of people love them, which you can see in the reviews, but if you judge t-shirt quality based on weight or thickness, do not get this one. Instead, get the 100% cotton shirt above. Sizes XS - 3X. Note that "silver" is really more of a pewter color. See size chart.
- Also available on a dry-fit style long-sleeved moisture-wicking 100% polyester interlock shirt with SPF 40+ UV protection.
Note that the $3 price difference for the 100% cotton Made in the USA shirt is our higher wholesale cost; there is no additional margin.
2022 holiday dates for shipping to addresses in the United States
Throughout October: See the product page for advance order deadlines.
November 30: Last day to place an order and get a gift with your purchase.
December 15: Our recommended deadline for domestic Christmas delivery via USPS. While we can't guarantee delivery, regardless of carrier, our hope is that if you order by December 5, USPS will have be able to get orders to domestic addresses by Christmas. However, regardless of when you order, we strongly recommend UPS.
December 19 at 3pm EST: Our deadline for UPS 3 Business Day Select delivery.
For shipments to addresses within the U.S. (scroll down for International shipping)
Flat-rate shipping: Regardless of the number of items you order, the shipping price for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, and button packs is $5.95.
For hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets, the shipping cost is $8.95.
Our flat rate shipping means you can add two or more t-shirts, sweatshirts, or caps for no additional shipping charge.
Note that some large or heavy items may have an additional shipping charge, and when they do, that will be noted on the product page.
We try to ship orders within three business days of receiving them. This applies to in-stock items. Framed items or items requiring personalization may take up to two weeks longer.
We close for a week over Independence Day and Christmas. A notice will appear at the top of every page of the site in advance of this closure.
We ship most orders via USPS, so if the post office is closed, we won't be shipping orders that day.
If you need to receive your order by a certain date, such as to give as a gift or have for a trip, we recommend ordering at least two weeks in advance, especially if you are using USPS shipping.
If you're looking for reliable, on-time deliveries, we strongly suggest upgrading to "UPS 3 Business Day Select Shipping."
- When fulfillment takes longer, such as around the Christmas holidays, we'll put up an announcement in the site and will list recommended shipping deadlines below.
- If an item is out of stock, we will contact you.
- If one of your items is an advance order, that will be noted on the product page along with an estimate of when it will ship. If that estimated date changes, the product page will be updated.
Charges for shipping to destinations in the United States and to APO, DPO, and FPO addresses
- Free shipping
- On stickers, magnets, decals, patches, static clings, and individual button pins.
US Postal Service shipping - The least expensive, though also less reliable than UPS. (See more on UPS in the next section.)
$5.95 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
Regardless of the number of items you order, the shipping price is still fixed at $5.95. Our flat rate shipping means you can add another t-shirt, cap, or book for no additional shipping charge.
$8.95 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
UPS 3 Business Day Select
Note: UPS 3 Business Day select is not available for addresses in Hawaii and Alaska. If UPS is selected for Hawaii or Alaska, the order will be shipped UPS Ground.
- $14.95 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
$18.95 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- If the actual shipping cost is significantly higher than what we’re charging, we will contact you to discuss alternatives.
- UPS Overnight (Next Business Day Delivery)
For shipments to addresses outside the United StatesDestinations
We only ship to locations that are served by US Postal Service International Service.
- Canada and Mexico
- $18.00 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
$24.00 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- Rest of the World
- Rates starts at $65.00.
Additional charges for all destinations
Some large, heavy items may have an additional shipping charge. If that's the case, it will be noted on the product page.
If the actual shipping cost is significantly higher than what we’re charging, we will contact you to discuss alternatives.
All original designs are copyrighted by The History List
All original designs are copyrighted by The History List
All designs are copyrighted by The History List and the History Nerd text and design on t-shirts is a registered trademark. If you see a knock off, please let me know.
Your purchases support our mission to engage people with local history and to support historic sites and history organizations across the country.
My 1776 shirt just like the other shirts I have from The History List always start interesting conversations! The real hit of this order was my wife’s GW Christmas Sweatshirt.
I am very happy with the T-shirts I purchased. Reasonable price, quality material and speedy delivery! I love the history on sea play and design, and they fit great! 😊
Excellent quality products and super fast shipping! I love the American history themed t-shirts, stickers and all... I'm a repeat customer from Day One, keep up the great work!! 🇺🇸
High quality shirt, great graphics. Very fast shipping too!
I purchased a few all cotton t shirts. They are all comfortable and soft. Each time I ordered my items arrived within 2 days.
The message, design, and feel are amazing. The poly-cotton option run small. So, order one size up. Then it’s perfect!
I wore this shirt on Independence Day as a proud historian l.