"We hold these truths - July 4, 1776” T-shirt
We have this design on these shirts and sweatshirts:
- 100% cotton made in USA long-sleeved shirt,
- crewneck t-shirt in antique denim color – with the option of a front imprint only
- crewneck sweatshirt
- light heather grey v-neck shirt
- grey tank top for women
- long-sleeved shirt with SPF 40+ UV protection
Our original design, celebrating July 4th and our nation's Declaration of Independence.
On the front, "1776" and our nation's first flag,
On the back, text from the original vellum copy that the delegates signed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness — July 4, 1776."
White - 100% cotton Made in the USA shirt — Grown, knitted, dyed, and sewn in the USA. Heavier weight, 5.4 oz. Your best choice if you're looking for a 100% Made in the USA shirt. Sizes S - 6X. this shirt runs small. Order one size up from what you normally wear. With "1776" on the front and on the front and back. See size chart.
Care: Wash white shirts in cold so that the colors don't run.
- Light blue heather and silver - Our standard 4.3 oz. poly-cotton shirt that gets rave reviews. Our softest shirt. It's also our thinnest and lightest. It is very high-quality and long-wearing, but it is thin and light. Lots of people love them, which you can see in the reviews, but if you judge t-shirt quality based on weight or thickness, do not get this one. Instead, get the 100% cotton shirt above. Sizes XS - 3X. Note that "silver" is really more of a pewter color. See size chart.
- Also available on a dry-fit style long-sleeved moisture-wicking 100% polyester interlock shirt with SPF 40+ UV protection.
Note that the $3 price difference for the 100% cotton Made in the USA shirt is our higher wholesale cost; there is no additional margin.
Flat-rate shipping: Regardless of the number of items you order, the shipping price is still fixed at $5.95 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs. And $8.95 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
Our flat rate shipping means you can add two or more t-shirts, sweatshirts, or caps for no additional shipping charge.
We try to ship orders within three business days of receiving them. This applies to in-stock items. Framed items or items requiring personalization may take up to two weeks longer.
We close for a week over Independence Day and Christmas. A notice will appear at the top of every page of the site in advance of this closure.
We ship most orders via USPS, so if the post office is closed, we won't be shipping orders that day.
If you need to receive your order by a certain date, such as to give as a gift or have for a trip, we recommend ordering at least two weeks in advance, especially if you are use USPS shipping.
If you're looking for reliable, on-time deliveries, we strongly suggest upgrading to "UPS 3 Business Day Select Shipping."
- When fulfillment takes longer, such as around the Christmas holidays, we'll put up an announcement in the site and will list recommended shipping deadlines below.
- If an item is out of stock, we will contact you.
- If one of your items is an advance order, that will be noted on the product page along with an estimate of when it will ship. If that estimated date changes, the product page will be updated.
Charges for shipping to destinations in the United States and to APO, DPO, and FPO addresses
- Free shipping
- On stickers, magnets, decals, patches, static clings, and individual button pins.
US Postal Service shipping - The least expensive, though also less reliable than UPS. We strong recommend selecting UPS (details below), especially during November and December.
$5.95 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
Regardless of the number of items you order, the shipping price is still fixed at $5.95. Our flat rate shipping means you can add another t-shirt, cap, or book for no additional shipping charge.
$8.95 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- UPS 3 Business Day Select
- $14.95 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
$18.95 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- If the actual shipping cost is much, much higher than what we’re charging, we reserve the right to contact customers to discuss options.
- UPS Overnight (Next Business Day Delivery)
Limited to US Postal Service International Service only.
- Canada and Mexico
- $18.00 for shirts, caps, unframed prints and posters, bracelets, lapel pins, pendants, button packs.
$24.00 for hooded and crewneck sweatshirts, mugs, and blankets.
- Rest of the World
- Rates starts at $65.00.
Additional charges for all destinations
Some large, heavy items may have an additional shipping charge. If that's the case, it will be noted on the product page.
All designs are copyrighted by The History List
All designs are copyrighted by The History List
All designs are copyrighted by The History List and the History Nerd text and design on t-shirts is a registered trademark. If you see a knock off, please let me know.
Your purchases support our mission to engage people with local history and to support historic sites and history organizations across the country.
I wore this shirt on Independence Day as a proud historian l.
Terrific quality and customer service. Quick turnaround. Very satisfied. Thanks!
My item is well made, soft, great fit. Received it so quickly.
I got the 100% Cotton one ,It's really nice and comfortable. Not only does it show the actual flag the colonies as a whole use at that time before our official stars and strikes and But, the quoting of "We hold these truths......." Thus is such a reminder of who we are, where we stand and how we as a nation need to make sure we don't stray from the facts and revisionist historians who continue to adjust the Way we because a beacon of hope and how we as a nation began
I've purchased several t-shirts from The History List and I love them all. Each shirt has been worn and washed many times and they still look new. I always get compliments and questions when I wear one and I'm more than happy to direct people to The History List website.
This is my second order from THL, I also have the 1773 shirt. Always good quality soft shirts and supports a great cause! Make History cool again y'all!!